Collaborate with Marathon Health
Help us to achieve equity in access to quality health and wellbeing services for people in regional, rural and remote NSW.
Marathon Health has over 20 years of primary healthcare experience, with staff working in over 80 communities to ensure that country Australians can access the best healthcare.
We partner with general practice, hospitals, aged care facilities and Government organisations to improve health outcomes and better integrate our primary care services with secondary (specialist) and tertiary (hospital) care.
Our health and wellbeing services currently span across five Primary Health Networks: Western NSW; Murrumbidgee; Nepean Blue Mountains; South Eastern NSW; and the Australian Capital Territory. We are one of the largest providers of headspace centres in Australia, with centres in Bathurst, Cowra, Orange, Dubbo, Canberra and Queanbeyan.
Our partnership model
We look for innovative collaborations with Government bodies and corporations that share our vision, and work to build strong, trusting partnerships for the long-term.
We consult with consumers, peak bodies, Aboriginal Medical Services, Aboriginal corporations, regional assemblies, General Practitioners, Local Health Networks, Primary Health Networks and non-government organisations to design and deliver our services – ensuring that these services address an unmet need, are person-centred, and leverage existing infrastructure and provider networks.
Our current partners
We gratefully acknowledge the support from our current funding partners:
- ACT Health
- Australian Capital Territory Primary Health Network (Capital Health Network)
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Australian Government Department of Social Services
- Diabetes NSW and ACT
- Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network
- Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (Wentworth Healthcare)
- Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation
- NSW Cancer Institute
- NSW Department of Family and Community Services
- NSW Health
- NSW Rural Doctors Network
- South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network (COORDINARE)
- Western NSW Local Health District
- Western NSW Primary Health Network (Western Health Alliance Limited)
Why partner with us?
There are many benefits to partnering with Marathon Health, including:
- Health and wellbeing expertise, and robust clinical supervision – we have a highly trained, qualified and passionate workforce
- Brand recognition – we are a non-denominational health promotion charity with a dedicated communications and media team working to promote partnership
- Knowledge of and engagement with regional, rural and remote communities – our staff live in or near the communities we serve
- Consumer-centric services – we work to ensure our clients have the choice and control over the decisions that affect them
- Proven cultural competency – through coordinated and targeted service delivery, we improve outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Excellence in Governance – we have a skills based Board of Directors
Become a partner
To find out more about partnering with us, or any of our headspace centres, please email us at email@example.com.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
We are watching the COVID-19 situation develop in our communities and our thoughts are with impacted communities.
Following advice from the Australian Government about physical distancing, we will cease face to face appointments and outreach services, and transition what services we can to virtual servicing via video and phone.
These changes will be effective from Friday 20 March at 5pm, until further notice.
During this time, our two key aims have been to maintain important health services to isolated and vulnerable people, while keeping our staff and their families safe.
Our After Hours GP clinic and telephone services will continue to operate as normal. Please visit After Hours to find out more information.
What this means
- Our physical office locations will be temporarily closed; however, staff will be working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- For specific services, you may able to speak to your regular staff contact from the comfort of your own home. Our team will be in contact with all clients to ensure the transition to telephone/video delivery is as seamless as possible
- For those services where we are unable to offer telephone/video facilities, one of our team will be in touch to discuss alternative arrangements and reschedule for a later date
We understand this may cause stress in an already uncertain time, and we will endeavour to communicate and provide alternative options wherever possible.
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au.
If you are feeling anxious or worried, there are some great resources and forums available through Beyond Blue. If you are in a crisis, please call triple zero or go to your nearest emergency department. Find 24/7 support in your area here.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time,
Our Services | Contact Us