Collaborate with Marathon Health
Help us to achieve equity in access to quality health and wellbeing services for people in regional, rural and remote NSW.
Marathon Health has over 20 years of primary healthcare experience, with staff working in over 80 communities to ensure that country Australians can access the best healthcare.
We partner with general practice, hospitals, aged care facilities and Government organisations to improve health outcomes and better integrate our primary care services with secondary (specialist) and tertiary (hospital) care.
Our health and wellbeing services currently span across five Primary Health Networks: Western NSW; Murrumbidgee; Nepean Blue Mountains; South Eastern NSW; and the Australian Capital Territory. We are one of the largest providers of headspace centres in Australia, with centres in Bathurst, Cowra, Orange, Dubbo, Canberra and Queanbeyan.
Our partnership model
We look for innovative collaborations with Government bodies and corporations that share our vision, and work to build strong, trusting partnerships for the long-term.
We consult with consumers, peak bodies, Aboriginal Medical Services, Aboriginal corporations, regional assemblies, General Practitioners, Local Health Networks, Primary Health Networks and non-government organisations to design and deliver our services – ensuring that these services address an unmet need, are person-centred, and leverage existing infrastructure and provider networks.
Our current partners
We gratefully acknowledge the support from our current funding partners:
- ACT Health
- Australian Capital Territory Primary Health Network (Capital Health Network)
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Government Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Australian Government Department of Social Services
- Diabetes NSW and ACT
- Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network
- Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (Wentworth Healthcare)
- Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation
- NSW Cancer Institute
- NSW Department of Family and Community Services
- NSW Health
- NSW Rural Doctors Network
- South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network (COORDINARE)
- Western NSW Local Health District
- Western NSW Primary Health Network (Western Health Alliance Limited)
Why partner with us?
There are many benefits to partnering with Marathon Health, including:
- Health and wellbeing expertise, and robust clinical supervision – we have a highly trained, qualified and passionate workforce
- Brand recognition – we are a non-denominational health promotion charity with a dedicated communications and media team working to promote partnership
- Knowledge of and engagement with regional, rural and remote communities – our staff live in or near the communities we serve
- Consumer-centric services – we work to ensure our clients have the choice and control over the decisions that affect them
- Proven cultural competency – through coordinated and targeted service delivery, we improve outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Excellence in Governance – we have a skills based Board of Directors
Become a partner
To find out more about partnering with us, or any of our headspace centres, please email us at email@example.com.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
Thank you to our clients and stakeholders who have helped us navigate the COVID-19 period, and supported us as we transitioned services to phone and video consultations. We are watching the situation closely and staying informed via the Australian Government.
We are still maintaining physical distancing guidelines and working remotely, but will update clients and stakeholders as this changes.
What this means
- Our physical office locations are still temporarily closed; however, staff are working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- Most of our services are available via phone and video consultations so you can access them from the comfort of your own home
- For those services where we are unable to offer phone/video consultations, our staff are ensuring regular contact and updates as to when these services can resume
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au
Thank you for your support during these uncertain times,
Our services during COVID-19 | Contact us