Equal Ground is about connecting members of our LGBTIQA+ community living in the Canberra region to the right mental health care, in the right place, at the right time.
This program provides an opportunity for people to discuss and explore issues without judgement, and in a confidential and private setting. We can help with whatever is going on for you – whether it be work, study relationships, identity – or if you just want to chat! Our team of social and emotional wellbeing workers and psychologists, are ready to listen.
How do I access Equal Ground?
Equal Ground is available to people in the Canberra region who are aged 16 and over. The program can be accessed without a referral.
- Call us on 02 5109 9750
- Visit us at 3 Torrens Street, Braddon ACT
- Email us at email@example.com
This service is supported by funding from the ACT PHN through the Australian Government's PHN Program.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
We are watching the COVID-19 situation develop in our communities and our thoughts are with impacted communities.
Following advice from the Australian Government about physical distancing, we will cease face to face appointments and outreach services, and transition what services we can to virtual servicing via video and phone.
These changes will be effective from Friday 20 March at 5pm, until further notice.
During this time, our two key aims have been to maintain important health services to isolated and vulnerable people, while keeping our staff and their families safe.
Our After Hours GP clinic and telephone services will continue to operate as normal. Please visit After Hours to find out more information.
What this means
- Our physical office locations will be temporarily closed; however, staff will be working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- For specific services, you may able to speak to your regular staff contact from the comfort of your own home. Our team will be in contact with all clients to ensure the transition to telephone/video delivery is as seamless as possible
- For those services where we are unable to offer telephone/video facilities, one of our team will be in touch to discuss alternative arrangements and reschedule for a later date
We understand this may cause stress in an already uncertain time, and we will endeavour to communicate and provide alternative options wherever possible.
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au.
If you are feeling anxious or worried, there are some great resources and forums available through Beyond Blue. If you are in a crisis, please call triple zero or go to your nearest emergency department. Find 24/7 support in your area here.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time,
Our Services | Contact Us