Home Medication Reviews
With a referral from your GP, our accredited Pharmacists can assist you to manage your medicines by providing a Home Medication Review.
Our Pharmacists will visit you at home to discuss your medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements. They can assist to:
- Highlight any concerns you have with your medications, including suspected adverse effects or inadequate response to current therapy
- Provide advice regarding safe storage of medications, including checking for expired medications
- Ensure that medications are taken in the most effective way, including timing of doses and use of devices like inhalers, injections and blood glucose meters
- Answer any of your questions about medications, including brand changes and how they work for your medical conditions
- Provide recommendations that will assist your GP to develop a Medication Management Plan with you
Once the Home Medication Review (HMR) is conducted, our Pharmacists will then send a detailed report to your GP.
Would I benefit from a HMR?
You would particularly benefit from a HMR if you:
- Take greater than 5 regular medications
- Have recently been discharged from hospital with medication changes
- Have concerns about your medications
- Are taking medications that require close monitoring
How do I organise a HMR?
A HMR can only be conducted with a referral from your GP. The HMR can be completed by an Accredited Pharmacist of your choice.
- Call us on 1300 402 585