Home Medication Reviews
With a referral from your GP, our accredited Pharmacists can assist you to manage your medicines by providing a Home Medication Review.
Our Pharmacists will visit you at home to discuss your medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements. They can assist to:
- Highlight any concerns you have with your medications, including suspected adverse effects or inadequate response to current therapy
- Provide advice regarding safe storage of medications, including checking for expired medications
- Ensure that medications are taken in the most effective way, including timing of doses and use of devices like inhalers, injections and blood glucose meters
- Answer any of your questions about medications, including brand changes and how they work for your medical conditions
- Provide recommendations that will assist your GP to develop a Medication Management Plan with you
Once the Home Medication Review (HMR) is conducted, our Pharmacists will then send a detailed report to your GP.
Would I benefit from a HMR?
You would particularly benefit from a HMR if you:
- Take greater than 5 regular medications
- Have recently been discharged from hospital with medication changes
- Have concerns about your medications
- Are taking medications that require close monitoring
How do I organise a HMR?
A HMR can only be conducted with a referral from your GP. The HMR can be completed by an Accredited Pharmacist of your choice.
- Call us on 1300 402 585
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
Thank you to our clients and stakeholders who have helped us navigate the COVID-19 period, and supported us as we transitioned services to phone and video consultations. We are watching the situation closely and staying informed via the Australian Government.
We are still maintaining physical distancing guidelines and working remotely, but will update clients and stakeholders as this changes.
What this means
- Our physical office locations are still temporarily closed; however, staff are working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- Most of our services are available via phone and video consultations so you can access them from the comfort of your own home
- For those services where we are unable to offer phone/video consultations, our staff are ensuring regular contact and updates as to when these services can resume
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au
Thank you for your support during these uncertain times,
Our services during COVID-19 | Contact us