Home Medication Reviews
With a referral from your GP, our accredited Pharmacists can assist you to manage your medicines by providing a Home Medication Review.
Our Pharmacists will visit you at home to discuss your medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements. They can assist to:
- Highlight any concerns you have with your medications, including suspected adverse effects or inadequate response to current therapy
- Provide advice regarding safe storage of medications, including checking for expired medications
- Ensure that medications are taken in the most effective way, including timing of doses and use of devices like inhalers, injections and blood glucose meters
- Answer any of your questions about medications, including brand changes and how they work for your medical conditions
- Provide recommendations that will assist your GP to develop a Medication Management Plan with you
Once the Home Medication Review (HMR) is conducted, our Pharmacists will then send a detailed report to your GP.
Would I benefit from a HMR?
You would particularly benefit from a HMR if you:
- Take greater than 5 regular medications
- Have recently been discharged from hospital with medication changes
- Have concerns about your medications
- Are taking medications that require close monitoring
How do I organise a HMR?
A HMR can only be conducted with a referral from your GP. The HMR can be completed by an Accredited Pharmacist of your choice.
- Call us on 1300 402 585
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
We are watching the COVID-19 situation develop in our communities and our thoughts are with impacted communities.
Following advice from the Australian Government about physical distancing, we will cease face to face appointments and outreach services, and transition what services we can to virtual servicing via video and phone.
These changes will be effective from Friday 20 March at 5pm, until further notice.
During this time, our two key aims have been to maintain important health services to isolated and vulnerable people, while keeping our staff and their families safe.
Our After Hours GP clinic and telephone services will continue to operate as normal. Please visit After Hours to find out more information.
What this means
- Our physical office locations will be temporarily closed; however, staff will be working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- For specific services, you may able to speak to your regular staff contact from the comfort of your own home. Our team will be in contact with all clients to ensure the transition to telephone/video delivery is as seamless as possible
- For those services where we are unable to offer telephone/video facilities, one of our team will be in touch to discuss alternative arrangements and reschedule for a later date
We understand this may cause stress in an already uncertain time, and we will endeavour to communicate and provide alternative options wherever possible.
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au.
If you are feeling anxious or worried, there are some great resources and forums available through Beyond Blue. If you are in a crisis, please call triple zero or go to your nearest emergency department. Find 24/7 support in your area here.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time,
Our Services | Contact Us