NewAccess, developed by Beyond Blue, is a free mental health coaching program for anyone aged 16 and over who’s stressed, or feeling anxious or overwhelmed about everyday life issues, such as work, study, relationships and loneliness.
How does NewAccess work?
Everyone needs some guidance at some point in their lives, and NewAccess aims to coach you through the tough times and make it easier for you to get support.
Our NewAccess coaches are local people, trained in Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Over six sessions your NewAccess coach will work with you to understand the issues causing your distress. They support you to overcome difficult issues and regain confidence, providing you with practical skills to manage your stress and get back to feeling like yourself.
NewAccess is NOT a crisis service. It is an early intervention program designed to support people early and prevent potential crises down the track.
How do I access the program?
NewAccess is a confidential and free program for people in Western NSW as well as Lithgow, Hawkesbury, the Blue Mountains and Nepean regions, over the age of 16. It is available over the phone or face-to-face.
You don’t need a medical referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan to access the program.
To find out more about NewAccess, complete and submit our online enquiry form or call 02 6333 2838 during business hours.
- Call us on 02 6333 2838
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit the Beyond Blue website
- Access the referral forms for Nepean Blue Mountains or Western NSW
This service is supported by the Western NSW Primary Health Network and the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
We are watching the COVID-19 situation develop in our communities and our thoughts are with impacted communities.
Following advice from the Australian Government about physical distancing, we will cease face to face appointments and outreach services, and transition what services we can to virtual servicing via video and phone.
These changes will be effective from Friday 20 March at 5pm, until further notice.
During this time, our two key aims have been to maintain important health services to isolated and vulnerable people, while keeping our staff and their families safe.
Our After Hours GP clinic and telephone services will continue to operate as normal. Please visit After Hours to find out more information.
What this means
- Our physical office locations will be temporarily closed; however, staff will be working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- For specific services, you may able to speak to your regular staff contact from the comfort of your own home. Our team will be in contact with all clients to ensure the transition to telephone/video delivery is as seamless as possible
- For those services where we are unable to offer telephone/video facilities, one of our team will be in touch to discuss alternative arrangements and reschedule for a later date
We understand this may cause stress in an already uncertain time, and we will endeavour to communicate and provide alternative options wherever possible.
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au.
If you are feeling anxious or worried, there are some great resources and forums available through Beyond Blue. If you are in a crisis, please call triple zero or go to your nearest emergency department. Find 24/7 support in your area here.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time,
Our Services | Contact Us