Private Practitioners Opportunities
Our headspace centres have opportunities for a variety of private practitioners including psychiatrists, psychologists, GPs, social workers, nurse practitioners, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practitioners and dietitians.
Private practitioner’s play a vital role in supporting young people at a pivotal time in their life. This includes managing young people’s mental wellbeing as well as general health issues including acute and chronic health presentations, sexual health, alcohol and other drug issues, and other lifestyle interventions.
Why become a private practitioner with headspace
- You can choose your own hours, with the opportunity to work remotely
- In addition to MBS income, stipend payments are available in many of our centres to account for any cancellations
- Our team will manage your billing and appointments
- You can access a whole range of resources and training opportunities through the headspace staff portal, Ourspace, as well as our EAP which offers 24/7 free counselling service to support your mental health
As part of a wider team at Marathon Health (lead agency), you will:
- Be supported by IT, finance, HR and corporate teams
- Receive quality clinical support underpinned by a robust Clinical Governance Framework
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team, with access to staff – some of which represent the best in their field
Find out more
If you’d like to know more about our private practitioner opportunities: