Support to Skills
Support to Skills aims to increase apprenticeship and traineeship completion rates by supporting small businesses in the ACT and regional NSW, and their apprentices and trainees, to build mentally healthy workplaces.
How does Support to Skills work?
The program offers resources and training to support employers in creating mentally healthy workplaces – while connecting apprentices and trainees to free mental health coaching through the NewAccess program.
The program is available to the following:
- Small businesses (employing fewer than 20 people) located in Canberra, Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange
- Pre-apprentices, apprentices and trainees aged between 16-25 (including School Based Apprentices and young people considering apprenticeships or traineeships but not yet employed)
For small business
We can support you to achieve a mentally healthy workplace by providing you with free, confidential and individually tailored one-on-one support, training and resources that work for you on your schedule. A mentally healthy workplace is built on education, awareness and empowerment no matter how big or small – Support to Skills benefits the individual, your organisation and our community.
If you would like to know more, you can contact our dedicated Small Business Liaison Officers for ACT, Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange:
- Complete and submit our Support to Skills online enquiry form
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 1300 402 585
For pre-apprentices, apprentices and trainees
NewAccess is a confidential and free program, available over the phone or face-to-face.
You don’t need a medical referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan to access the program.
To find out more about NewAccess:
- Complete and submit our online enquiry form
- Call 02 6333 2838 during business hours
- Email email@example.com
- Visit Beyond Blue
- Read our privacy brochure