Support to Skills
Support to Skills aims to increase apprenticeship and traineeship completion rates by supporting small businesses in the ACT and regional NSW, and their apprentices and trainees, to build mentally healthy workplaces.
How does Support to Skills work?
The program offers resources and training to support employers in creating mentally healthy workplaces – while connecting apprentices and trainees to free mental health coaching through the NewAccess program.
The program is available to the following:
- Small businesses (employing fewer than 20 people) located in Canberra, Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange
- Pre-apprentices, apprentices and trainees aged between 16-25 (including School Based Apprentices and young people considering apprenticeships or traineeships but not yet employed)
For small business
We can support you to achieve a mentally healthy workplace by providing you with free, confidential and individually tailored one-on-one support, training and resources that work for you on your schedule. A mentally healthy workplace is built on education, awareness and empowerment no matter how big or small – Support to Skills benefits the individual, your organisation and our community.
If you would like to know more, you can contact our dedicated Small Business Liaison Officers for ACT, Bathurst, Dubbo and Orange:
- Complete and submit our Support to Skills online enquiry form
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 1300 402 585
For pre-apprentices, apprentices and trainees
NewAccess is a confidential and free program, available over the phone or face-to-face.
You don’t need a medical referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan to access the program.
To find out more about NewAccess:
- Complete and submit our online enquiry form
- Call us on 02 6333 2838 during business hours
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit the Beyond Blue website
This service is supported by the Try, Test and Learn Fund – an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
Thank you to our clients and stakeholders who have helped us navigate the COVID-19 period, and supported us as we transitioned services to phone and video consultations. We are watching the situation closely and staying informed via the Australian Government.
We are still maintaining physical distancing guidelines and working remotely, but will update clients and stakeholders as this changes.
What this means
- Our physical office locations are still temporarily closed; however, staff are working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- Most of our services are available via phone and video consultations so you can access them from the comfort of your own home
- For those services where we are unable to offer phone/video consultations, our staff are ensuring regular contact and updates as to when these services can resume
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au
Thank you for your support during these uncertain times,
Our services during COVID-19 | Contact us