Through a range of tailored programs, our experienced Smoking Cessation nurses can help you achieve your goals to combat smoking habits.
What services are available?
We currently offer three types of smoking cessation services:
- Individual or group programs – using ‘smokalyzer’ technology, you’ll receive real-time feedback to educate and motivate you to reduce your nicotine dependency. This program is a commercial fee-for service.
- Let’s Quit Together Program – a school-based health promotion program funded by the Cancer Institute
- Custom designed programs for schools and workplaces – a 10 week program that provides hands-on activities, as well as guided information and support from trained primary health care nurses
What does the program cover?
The Smoking Cessation program is age appropriate, and covers areas such as:
- Dealing with addiction and peer pressure
- The effects of quitting
- Goal setting and future outlook
- Supporting positive changes and making continued plans
- Cannabis use
- Referral pathways and how to access ongoing support
- Call us on 1300 402 585
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
We are watching the COVID-19 situation develop in our communities and our thoughts are with impacted communities.
Following advice from the Australian Government about physical distancing, we will cease face to face appointments and outreach services, and transition what services we can to virtual servicing via video and phone.
These changes will be effective from Friday 20 March at 5pm, until further notice.
During this time, our two key aims have been to maintain important health services to isolated and vulnerable people, while keeping our staff and their families safe.
Our After Hours GP clinic and telephone services will continue to operate as normal. Please visit After Hours to find out more information.
What this means
- Our physical office locations will be temporarily closed; however, staff will be working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- For specific services, you may able to speak to your regular staff contact from the comfort of your own home. Our team will be in contact with all clients to ensure the transition to telephone/video delivery is as seamless as possible
- For those services where we are unable to offer telephone/video facilities, one of our team will be in touch to discuss alternative arrangements and reschedule for a later date
We understand this may cause stress in an already uncertain time, and we will endeavour to communicate and provide alternative options wherever possible.
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au.
If you are feeling anxious or worried, there are some great resources and forums available through Beyond Blue. If you are in a crisis, please call triple zero or go to your nearest emergency department. Find 24/7 support in your area here.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time,
Our Services | Contact Us