Psychology Services Murrumbidgee
Strong Minds Murrumbidgee
Strong Minds Murrumbidgee provides access to free and effective psychological services for people all ages living in the Murrumbidgee region.
Strong Minds Murrumbidgee delivers short-term, focused medium to high psychological services. These services can assist those:
- From rural, remote and under-serviced areas (people living in towns with no Medicare Benefits Schedule providers)
- Experiencing complex and severe mental illness and who would benefit from psychological services
- Who self-harm or who are at risk of suicide (including those who have had a suicide attempt and those bereaved by suicide or loss)
- In Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities who access mainstream general practices
- Who have experienced trauma
- Experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Experiencing perinatal depression
- With advanced chronic illness
- Who engage in risky alcohol and/or other drug use
- From culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- At risk of, or experiencing, an eating disorder
- Who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or intersex
- In carer roles
Strong Minds Murrumbidgee is NOT a crisis service or a service for those in an acute phase of illness. To get help in a crisis situation, call the AccessLine on 1800 800 944 or in an emergency call triple zero.
How do I access Strong Minds Murrumbidgee?
Strong Minds Murrumbidgee services are available in a variety of locations throughout the Murrumbidgee area.
To access the services:
- Discuss a Mental Health Treatment Plan with your GP
- Ask your GP to complete a Referral form and have them send this and the Mental Health Treatment Plan to the Murrumbidgee Mental Health Treatment Plan Central Intake Service (fax 02 6921 9911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
For Children under 12 years a Child Treatment Plan can be completed in place of a Mental Health Treatment Plan. Child referrals must be signed and consented to by a parent or carer.
Once a referral has been assessed and accepted by the Murrumbidgee PHN, we will forward the referral to the relevant clinician who will contact you to commence sessions. Your GP will be notified of acceptance (or otherwise) as well as the clinician’s details.
Strong Minds Murrumbidgee operates Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm (excluding Public holidays). The secure fax and email are not monitored out of office hours.
GPs and referrers should note that referrals are attended to by the Murrumbidgee PHN during office hours only.
- Refer to our Mental Health Resources page
- Access the referral document and Mental Health Treatment Plan templates
- Call us on 02 6937 2000
Marathon Health gratefully acknowledges the financial and other support from Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network through the Australian Government’s PHN Program.