Marathon Health operate After Hours clinics in Bathurst and Dubbo and can provide information on after hours GP services in other locations. Click on the following links for access to information on:
- Dubbo After Hours
- Bathurst After Hours
- Aged Care Clinical Nurse Consultants (Bathurst)
- List of GPs providing After Hours Services
The primary aim of the Marathon Health After Hours Program is to work collaboratively with all key stakeholders in the region to develop a sustainable GP After Hours service model to meet community needs.
After hours primary care can be defined as accessible and appropriate care for people whose health condition is urgent, but not an emergency, and cannot wait for treatment until regular services are next available. The after hours period is defined as:
- Before 8.00am and after 6pm weekdays
- Before 8.00am and after 12.00pm Saturdays; and
- All day Sundays and public holidays
The After Hours Program operated by Marathon Health aims to ensure all community members, regardless of where they live, are provided with accessible and effective after hours primary care services.
The plan aims to:
- Build on existing after hours arrangements in communities and make best use of the available health infrastructure.
- Support local primary health providers, such as GPs and Allied health professionals, to provide effective after hours services.
- Work closely with Local Hospital Districts to ensure primary care providers and hospitals work well together with the mutual aim of positive outcomes for Bathurst and Dubbo patients.
- Ensure all members of the community have equal access to services, taking into consideration population groups such as residents of aged care facilities, the Indigenous population, palliative patients and residents living in remote locations.
- Educate and distribute information to the community regarding local after hours services available.
Through implementation of after hours plans, Marathon Health is committed to delivery of the current emerging Commonwealth health priorities guided by a vision for improved health outcomes in communities.
We are seeking feedback on these services in Bathurst and Dubbo. If you would like to complete a short survey on your experience, please click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/mhafterhours
For more information visit our Resources Page or please contact: