Provisional Psychology Intern pathways
As part of our commitment to growing a strong, skilled mental health workforce, we offer paid internship opportunities for psychology graduates to complete their general registration via a 4+2 or 5+1 pathway. Working from one of our sites across Western NSW, you’ll be supported to meet your accreditation requirements while connecting to local communities in country NSW.
Work placement and client contact hours
Board approved supervision
Core competency training
We offer a sustainable model of support over the period of your internship, enabling you to meet requirements and pass your exam for registration. By completing your internship with us, you can expect:
- Accelerated learning via an intensive orientation and training program
- Access to Board approved primary and secondary internal supervision
- Support to meet core competency requirements and pass your registration exam set by the Psychology Board of Australia, through our Core Connect program – fortnightly workshops covering the core competencies as well as a professional support network, including peer-to-peer connections and social opportunities via our Community of Practice
- Genuine employment opportunities following the internship period
- Support to connect to local communities in country NSW
- Cultural immersion/guidance
- Improve confidence, broaden your experience and develop strong clinical competence.
Working at Marathon Health
In addition to the above, you will have access to:
We offer a competitive remuneration package, and as a not-for-profit organisation, you can access salary packaging of up to $15,900 each year – increasing your take home pay. New graduates can also access relocation support of up to $2000 when moving to rural NSW.
Professional development opportunities
Up to $1,500 professional development allowance, up to five days paid study leave and a bonus $500 towards your professional development as a new graduate, as well as access to in-house learning in a range of areas.
We prioritise staff health and wellbeing as part of our progressive and inclusive workplace culture, with 24/7 access to our free, confidential employee assistance program for counselling support.
Up to five weeks annual leave per year, plus extra paid leave over Christmas/New Year shutdown. We also offer access to other leave such as cultural and community service leave.
Read our New Graduate Guide for a full list of benefits.
Who can apply
Fifth year psychology students looking to complete a 5+1 internship for their sixth year and anyone already completing a 4+2 or 5+1 internship looking for a change are encouraged to apply.
Meet your mentors
We want you to feel supported, which is why we provide regular mentoring and supervision sessions with our senior clinicians. Our team will share knowledge and ensure you’re on the right track.Meet Your Mentors
Want to find out more about our intern pathways? Complete and submit the form below and one of the team will be in touch to chat.
Page last updated: 20 November 2023