Who is the IPS program for?
Individual Placement Support (IPS) is for young people aged 12-25 living in the Dubbo region. Our aim is to help you find and keep employment, or to support you with your study goals – like finishing school.
Overall, our team can:
- Chat with you about your work, training or study interests to set goals
- Support you to develop your resume and cover letter
- Work with you to find and work towards what you’re passionate about
- Prepare and support you with interviews
- Help you build your confidence finding a job, studying or working towards your career
- Work with you to explore your study options and enrol in study
- Support you to communicate with your employer effectively and understanding your rights at work
- Support you with your transition into a new job or course
- Navigate community support services with you, such as Centrelink
- Empower you to learn strategies to balance your mental health and wellbeing with work or study
The support we provide won’t end when you achieve your goals – we’re here for as long as you need us!
How do I refer into the IPS program?
The program operates out of headspace Dubbo at 23 Church Street. It’s a free program and all you need to do is have a chat to the friendly team at the headspace Dubbo centre!
This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Page last updated: 21 November 2023