What is a Health Care Navigator?
Health care navigators work alongside care coordinators in the Integrated Care Coordination (ICC) program, our Health Care Navigator uses their resources to link you with services and social groups to help you get the most out of health-based care coordination (this is known as ‘social prescribing’).
Our Health Care Navigator can support you to achieve your goals by:
- Facilitating linkages to aged care supports
- Navigating a pathway to financial sustainability
- Gaining funded care such as the NDIS
- Facilitating linkages to NDIS information and support
- Linking you to social supports
Who is the Health Care Navigator program for?
This program is for people in the Murrumbidgee with chronic health conditions, and associated complex healthcare needs, and are at risk of unplanned hospital admissions.
We take a goal-centred approach that begins with a health and wellbeing review, including a personalised care and support plan with your identified goals.
Your support plan is based on your strengths, needs and preferences, while making the most of community and informal support. It may include elements like:
- What matters to you (priorities, interests, values, and motivations)
- The community groups and services you’ll be connected to
- What you can expect from community support and services
- What strengths and assets you already have that you can draw on (family, friends, hobbies, skills and passions)
Page last updated: 21 November 2023