We are a not-for-profit, registered charity with a vision of enabling communities to thrive through improved health and wellbeing.
We’re one of the few health organisations based in country Australia with the core purpose to identify, deliver and sustain services to people within these communities. We deliver services from our hubs in Albury, Bathurst, Canberra, Dubbo, Orange, Queanbeyan and Wagga.
We’re one of the largest providers of headspace services in Australia and the largest non-government employer of allied health professionals in regional NSW.
What do we do?
We help Australians of all ages to thrive, by supporting them with many types of health issues and through all stages of their health journey. Our services are client-centric – you have the choice and control over the decisions that affect you.
- Mental health services for people of all ages
- Preventative health programs
- Chronic disease education, prevention, support and management
- Assisting people to understand and navigate the healthcare system
- NDIS planning and support
- Allied health services through the NDIS and more broadly
- Early intervention, prevention and screening
- Care coordination and case management
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing
- Child and youth health
Where do we deliver care?
Our services are accessible from the privacy of your home, or from within our offices and partner organisations across NSW and the ACT.
Vision and mission
Our vision is to enable communities to thrive through improved health and wellbeing.
Our mission is to develop and deliver quality health and wellbeing services together with our communities.
Our frontline staff are passionate advocates and leaders in their fields. Staff include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers
- Alcohol and other drug support workers
- Care coordinators
- Diabetes educators
- NDIS support workers
- Nurses (including mental health nurses)
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Speech pathologists
- Vocational guides
A recent staff survey (conducted externally) found that 83% of our staff surveyed said we're a "truly great place to work".
- View employment opportunities at Marathon Health and our headspace centres
- View student and graduate opportunities
We partner with a range of organisations in the delivery of health and wellbeing services, to assist them in meeting their clients’ needs.