What are the benefits of Mental Health Literacy?
Many of us struggle to recognise mental health and wellbeing concerns and don’t understand the clinical language used. This can affect our ability to make appropriate health decisions.
The Mental Health Literacy course will support you to:
- Define and understand what mental health literacy is
- Explore mental health terminology and symptom identification
- Understand impacts of treatment
- Respond with Psychological First Aid to mental health and wellbeing concerns
- Create wellbeing plans
How do I access Mental Health Literacy?
This course is available face to face or virtually across NSW. Course duration is generally 9am-4pm (seven hours), for up to 16 people and requires active participation.
The Mental Health Literacy course is $300 +GST for individuals, or $4,000 +GST for groups*.
A certificate of attendance will be provided upon completion.
* Please be advised that all travel, accommodation, catering, venue hire and extra resources will incur an additional fee.
About the trainer
Tim Carr, Marathon Health Training and Engagement Officer, has qualifications in both direct care, and management in community and sub-acute mental health settings. Tim has experience with clients who have severe and enduring mental health concerns and associated behaviour.
Tim has 12 years of experience in the mental health and wellbeing industry.
Page last updated: 20 November 2023