Who is nutrition advice and support for?
This program is for people who need guidance maintaining a healthy lifestyle. There are a wide range of reasons that you might benefit from seeing a dietitian which can include:
- Chronic disease management (such as diabetes and cancer)
- Significant weight change
- Poor food intake, low appetite or difficulty preparing, understanding or eating food
- Medication changes
- Bariatric surgery
- Allergies and intolerances
Our team will provide expert advice to help you manage your diet and reach your wellbeing goals.
How do I refer into the program?
We currently off four types of dietetic services:
- Commercial fee-for-service appointments in our Bathurst and Dubbo offices – no GP referral is needed, and you may be eligible for Medicare rebates if you have a GP Management Plan
- Fully funded services for First Nations people through our Indigenous Chronic Disease Clinic in Bathurst – a GP referral is required
- Through the NDIS if funding for dietetics is required as part of your NDIS plan
Page last updated: 21 November 2023