Diabetes management and support
Our Credentialed Diabetes Educators provide specialist services for adults diagnosed with pre-diabetes, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, diabetes in pregnancy and gestational diabetes.
Our diabetes educators can support you by providing advice in managing blood glucose levels, food choices and medications. We can also provide education and staff training sessions for other health professionals or staff working in aged care facilities.
How do I access a diabetes educator?
We currently offer four types of diabetic services:
- Commercial fee-for-service appointments in our Bathurst office – no GP referral is required, and you may be eligible for Medicare rebates if you have a GP Management Plan
- Fully funded services under our chronic disease management program – a GP referral is required
- Fully funded services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Bathurst through the Indigenous Chronic Disease Clinic
- NDIS funded services – funding for diabetes educatio required as part of your current NDIS plan
Support and management is also available through our Type 2 and You program.
- Call 1300 402 585
- For Bathurst services email email@example.com
- For Dubbo services email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For outreach services email email@example.com
- For NDIS services email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read our privacy brochure
- Read our telehealth brochure
- Find out more about our diabetes educator student and graduate opportunities