Diabetes management and support
Our Credentialed Diabetes Educators provide specialist services for adults diagnosed with pre-diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Diabetes in Pregnancy and Gestational Diabetes.
Living with diabetes can be challenging. Our Diabetes Educators can provide you with support and advice in managing blood glucose levels, food choices and medications. They have in-depth knowledge on all aspects of diabetes and can help you to feel more in control of your own health.
How do I access a Diabetes Educator?
We currently offer two types of diabetic services:
- Commercial fee-for-service appointments in our Bathurst and Dubbo clinics – no GP referral is required, and you may be eligible for Medicare rebates if you have a GP Management Plan
- Fully funded services under our chronic disease management program – a GP referral is required
Support and management is also available in a group setting through our Type 2 and You program and via our Let’s Talk Diabetes Facebook page.
To find out more about Type 2 and You and when the next group will commence, please contact us on 1300 402 585.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
Thank you to our clients and stakeholders who have helped us navigate the COVID-19 period, and supported us as we transitioned services to phone and video consultations. We are watching the situation closely and staying informed via the Australian Government.
We are still maintaining physical distancing guidelines and working remotely, but will update clients and stakeholders as this changes.
What this means
- Our physical office locations are still temporarily closed; however, staff are working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- Most of our services are available via phone and video consultations so you can access them from the comfort of your own home
- For those services where we are unable to offer phone/video consultations, our staff are ensuring regular contact and updates as to when these services can resume
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au
Thank you for your support during these uncertain times,
Our services during COVID-19 | Contact us