Care Finder | Marathon Health
Please note that this site is unsupported on Internet Explorer, and may not function as intended.

We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.

How does the care finder program work?

Care finders can help people understand what aged care services are available, set up an assessment and find and choose services.

They can help you by:

  • Talking to My Aged Care on your behalf and arranging an assessment
  • Attending and providing support at the assessment
  • Providing information on aged care providers in your area and supporting with access
  • Completing forms and understanding aged care service agreements
  • Checking-in once services are up and running to make sure everything is ok
  • Solving other challenges and connecting you to supports in the community such as health, mental health, housing and homelessness, drug and alcohol services and community groups

Who is the care finder program for?

Designed for vulnerable older people, this program might be for you if you:

  • Have no carer or support person who can help
  • Don’t have a carer or support person you feel comfortable with or trust to support you
  • Are eligible for government-funded aged care

Additionally, the care finder program might be for you if you:

  • Have difficulty communicating because of language or literacy problems
  • Find it difficult to understand information and make decisions
  • Are reluctant to engage with aged care or government
  • Are in a potentially unsafe situation if you don’t receive these services

Where is this program available?

We deliver this program across the following Local Government Areas:

Bland Griffith Lockhart
Carrathool Hay Murrumbidgee (excluding the community of Jerilderie)
Coolamon Hilltops Narrandera
Cootamundra-Gundagai Junee Snowy Valleys
Federation Lachlan (part) Temora
Greater Hume Leeton Wagga Wagga

Most people who need aged care should call My Aged Care on 1800 200 244 or visit to discuss their needs and arrange an assessment.

If you would like help to talk to My Aged Care or to use the website, you can go to any Services Australia centre. There are also Aged Care Specialist Officers who give face-to-face help in 70 Services Australia service centres. Visit the Services Australia website to see where they are located or call 1800 227 475.

Other support options include:

  • Advocacy support – call OPAN on 1800 700 600
  • Carer support – call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737
  • National Dementia Helpline – 1800 100 500

This service is supported by funding from the Murrumbidgee PHN through the Australian Government’s PHN program.

Privacy Policy

Page last updated: 3 June 2024