Psychology Services NSW
Strong Minds Western NSW
Strong Minds Western NSW delivers short-term, focused psychological services for people with a diagnosable mild to moderate mental illness. These services can assist those:
- From rural, remote and under-serviced areas
- Under the age of 12 years
- Experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Experiencing perinatal depression
- From culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Designated high need population groups such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people at risk of suicide but not acutely suicidal and young people
Strong Minds Western NSW is NOT a crisis service or a service for those in an acute phase of illness. To get help in a crisis situation, call the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 or in an emergency call triple zero.
How do I access Strong Minds Western NSW?
Strong Minds Western NSW services are available in towns throughout the Central, North, South and Far West of NSW.
To access the services:
- Discuss a Mental Health Treatment Plan with your GP
- Ask your GP to complete a Referral form and have them send this and the Mental Health Treatment Plan to the Marathon Health Centralised Intake Service (fax 02 6882 7224 or email email@example.com)
For Children under 12 years a Child Treatment Plan can be completed in place of a Mental Health Treatment Plan. Child referrals must be signed and consented to by a parent or carer.
Once a referral has been assessed and accepted, we will forward the referral to the relevant clinician who will contact you to commence sessions. Your GP will be notified of acceptance (or otherwise) as well as the clinician’s details.
Strong Minds Western NSW operates Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm (excluding Public holidays). The secure fax and email are not monitored out of office hours.
- Refer to our Mental Health Resources page
- Access the referral document and Mental Health Treatment Plan templates
- Call us on 02 6826 5271
Marathon Health gratefully acknowledges the financial and other support from Western NSW PHN. The Primary Health Networks Programme is an Australian Government Initiative.