Strong Minds Western NSW
Mental health services NSW
Strong Minds Western NSW can assist those:
- From rural, remote and under-serviced areas
- Under the age of 12 years in select locations - please call the Strong Minds Intake Line (02 6826 5271) for further information
- Experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Experiencing perinatal depression
- From culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Designated high need population groups such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people at risk of suicide but not acutely suicidal and young people
How do I access Strong Minds Western NSW?
This service is available in towns throughout the Central, North, South and Far West of NSW.
To access this service:
- Ask your GP for a Mental Health Treatment Plan
- Ask your GP to complete a referral form, listed below, and have them send this and the Mental Health Treatment Plan to the Marathon Health Centralised Intake secure email email@example.com
- For Children under 12 years, a Child Treatment Plan can be completed in place of a Mental Health Treatment Plan – child referrals must be signed and consented to by a parent or carer.
Once a referral has been assessed and accepted, a Strong Minds Western NSW clinician will be in touch. Your GP will be notified of acceptance (or otherwise) and provided with your clinician’s details.
Strong Minds Western NSW operates Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding Public holidays). The secure email is not monitored out of office hours.
This is NOT a crisis service – for help in a crisis situation, call the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 or if a life is in danger, call triple zero immediately.
- Call 02 6826 5271
- Read our Strong Minds WNSW brochure
- Read our privacy brochure
- Complete our client feedback form
Documents for GPs and referrers
This service is supported by funding from the Western NSW PHN through the Australian Government's PHN program.