Psychology Services NSW
Strong Minds Western NSW
Strong Minds Western NSW delivers short-term, focused psychological services for people with a diagnosable mild to moderate mental illness. These services can assist those:
- From rural, remote and under-serviced areas
- Under the age of 12 years in select locations - please call the Strong Minds Intake Line (02 6826 5271) for further information
- Experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Experiencing perinatal depression
- From culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Designated high need population groups such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people at risk of suicide but not acutely suicidal and young people
Strong Minds Western NSW is NOT a crisis service or a service for those in an acute phase of illness. To get help in a crisis situation, call the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 or in an emergency call triple zero.
How do I access Strong Minds Western NSW?
Strong Minds Western NSW services are available in towns throughout the Central, North, South and Far West of NSW.
To access the services:
- Discuss a Mental Health Treatment Plan with your GP
- Ask your GP to complete a Referral form and have them send this and the Mental Health Treatment Plan to the Marathon Health Centralised Intake Service (fax 02 6800 2681 or email email@example.com)
For Children under 12 years a Child Treatment Plan can be completed in place of a Mental Health Treatment Plan. Child referrals must be signed and consented to by a parent or carer.
Once a referral has been assessed and accepted, we will forward the referral to the relevant clinician who will contact you to commence sessions. Your GP will be notified of acceptance (or otherwise) as well as the clinician’s details.
Strong Minds Western NSW operates Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm (excluding Public holidays). The secure fax and email are not monitored out of office hours.
- Refer to our Mental Health Resources page
- Access the referral document and Mental Health Treatment Plan templates
- Call us on 02 6826 5271
Marathon Health gratefully acknowledges the financial and other support from Western NSW PHN. The Primary Health Networks Programme is an Australian Government Initiative.
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
We are watching the COVID-19 situation develop in our communities and our thoughts are with impacted communities.
Following advice from the Australian Government about physical distancing, we will cease face to face appointments and outreach services, and transition what services we can to virtual servicing via video and phone.
These changes will be effective from Friday 20 March at 5pm, until further notice.
During this time, our two key aims have been to maintain important health services to isolated and vulnerable people, while keeping our staff and their families safe.
Our After Hours GP clinic and telephone services will continue to operate as normal. Please visit After Hours to find out more information.
What this means
- Our physical office locations will be temporarily closed; however, staff will be working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- For specific services, you may able to speak to your regular staff contact from the comfort of your own home. Our team will be in contact with all clients to ensure the transition to telephone/video delivery is as seamless as possible
- For those services where we are unable to offer telephone/video facilities, one of our team will be in touch to discuss alternative arrangements and reschedule for a later date
We understand this may cause stress in an already uncertain time, and we will endeavour to communicate and provide alternative options wherever possible.
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au.
If you are feeling anxious or worried, there are some great resources and forums available through Beyond Blue. If you are in a crisis, please call triple zero or go to your nearest emergency department. Find 24/7 support in your area here.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time,
Our Services | Contact Us