Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN)
National Disability Insurance Scheme
The Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN) program assists NDIS participants (aged 18 and over) with complex needs who are experiencing crisis, or at risk of entering a crisis situation. The focus is on strengthening support coordination and mainstream responses.
What services do we provide?
Assistance for professionals
Our ECSN team can assist professionals who are supporting NDIS participants with complex support needs including support coordinators, disability support workers, allied health staff and people providing mainstream supports. Our Consultancy and Peer Support Service has been established to assist professionals where there is a need to build practice capability in supporting NDIS participants with complex needs who are experiencing crisis, or at risk of entering a crisis situation. This confidential service is provided at no cost to the professional or NDIS participant. Register your interest via our ECSN Consultancy Referral Form.
After Hours Crisis Referral Line
The ECSN program includes an After Hours Crisis Referral line for emergencies. This service is for approved referrers only such as emergency service organisations (police, ambulance, public and private hospitals), acute state mental health services, federal police and state justice officers.
Crisis referrals may occur where the participant’s disability related supports suddenly become ineffective, inadequate or absent and where the participant or their existing support coordinator is unable to enact short term arrangements or inhouse supports that exist in their NDIS Plan.
For more information, read our ECSN after hours crisis referral line fact sheet. During business hours, providers should contact the NDIA on 1800 800 110 or contact their local NDIS representative.
How can you get involved?
- Assist after hours crisis responses through the provision of funded supports such as (but not limited to) accommodation, support coordination, personal care or other core supports. Read our After Hours Ready fact sheet for more information.
- Find out about professional development opportunities and other news. Sign up to our ECSN updates.
ECSN Knowledge Guide
Welcome to the Marathon Health Knowledge Network Guide. This Guide provides details regarding Communities of Practice and other Knowledge Networks across NSW, ACT and South Australia. If you have a Community of Practice or Knowledge Network that you would like to include in this Guide, or you would like to update an entry already included, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 02 6022 6800
- Email ECSN@marathonhealth.com.au
- Read our privacy brochure
- Access Marathon Health’s other NDIS-related services
- ECSN General fact sheet
- ECSN What is a crisis fact sheet
- ECSN after hours crisis referral line fact sheet
- Complete our ECSN Consultancy referral form
- ECSN Consultancy and Peer Support Service fact sheet
- ECSN client story
- ECSN Data Report
- Latest Practice Matters E-news
Marathon Health is the ECSN program provider for NSW and the ACT, and the interim provider for SA. The Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN) program is a national initiative funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).