Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN)
National Disability Insurance Scheme
The Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN) program assists NDIS participants (aged 18 and over) with complex needs who are experiencing crisis, or at risk of entering a crisis situation. The focus is on strengthening support coordination and mainstream responses.
What services do we provide?
Assistance for support coordinators
Our ECSN team can assist support coordinators and disability service providers working with people with complex support needs. Our peer support and secondary consultation approach is designed to enhance existing service provision. Register your interest via our ECSN Consultancy Referral Form.
Specialist Support Coordination and Behaviour Support
Our ESCN team has on-staff specialists including positive support behaviourists available to assist NDIS participants with exceptionally complex support needs. This service is self-selected by the participant and funded by the participant’s NDIS plan.
After Hours Crisis Referral Line
The ECSN program includes an After Hours Crisis Referral line for emergencies. This service is for approved referrers only such as emergency service organisations (police, ambulance, public and private hospitals), acute state mental health services, federal police and state justice officers.
Crisis referrals may occur where the participant’s disability related supports suddenly become ineffective, inadequate or absent and where the participant or their existing support coordinator is unable to enact short term arrangements or inhouse supports that exist in their NDIS Plan.
During business hours, providers should contact the NDIA on 1800 800 110 or contact their local NDIS representative.
How can you get involved?
- Assist after hours crisis responses through the provision of funded supports such as after hours crisis accommodation, support coordination and one-to-one support. Email the ECSN team to get involved.
- Help us create better outcomes for NDIS participants by taking part in our support coordinator survey.
- Find out about professional development opportunities and other news. Sign up to our ECSN updates.
Marathon Health is the ECSN program provider for NSW and the ACT, and the interim provider for SA. The Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN) program is a national initiative funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
Marathon Health’s response to COVID-19
A message from our CEO
Thank you to our clients and stakeholders who have helped us navigate the COVID-19 period, and supported us as we transitioned services to phone and video consultations. We are watching the situation closely and staying informed via the Australian Government.
We are still maintaining physical distancing guidelines and working remotely, but will update clients and stakeholders as this changes.
What this means
- Our physical office locations are still temporarily closed; however, staff are working from virtual locations, and can still be reached via email or mobile during regular business hours
- Most of our services are available via phone and video consultations so you can access them from the comfort of your own home
- For those services where we are unable to offer phone/video consultations, our staff are ensuring regular contact and updates as to when these services can resume
For more general information about COVID-19, please visit credible sources such as health.gov.au
Thank you for your support during these uncertain times,
Our services during COVID-19 | Contact us